This is inspired by Theta Mom.
I’ve often toyed with the idea of putting this meme of random things on my About page. But when I started working from home as a writer, I thought it might not be what prospective clients wanted to know in the first 30 seconds (unless they were really totally awesome clients. Hehe. Just kidding; I like all my current clients right now!)
Some day, I hope to do an About page this fun. I really think these random facts say a lot about me, however shallow some of them may be. I hope you’ll get to know me a bit better through them, and that you’ll share a fact or two about yourself when you leave a comment!
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. Tina Turner
2. What’s on your playlist right now? Merry Christmas, Darling, by The Carpenters (Christmas music relaxes me.)
3. Where did you meet your husband? In my house. He was my brother’s buddy; he and I were 12 and 13 y.o., respectively.
4. How many children do you have? One (for now!)
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Yes, but technically, I was singing background vocals while playing the keyboard (I was in a band.)
6. Was it love at first sight when you saw your husband? Honestly, I thought he was mute when I first met him, hardly said anything.
7. What’s your favorite food? A really good filet mignon et frites (steak and fries, French style!)
8. What do you order at Starbucks? Tall, 2% Caramel Macchiato (iced or hot, both are good!)
9. If you could buy one thing for the house right now, money aside, what would it be? Uh, a new house?? (We live in an apartment.)
10. As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? A gymnast.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. I’m worrying about the size of my buns and thighs at this very moment.
12. Do you watch X-Factor? YES.
13. Did you have braces? Yes. And a head gear. And glasses. All at the same time when I was 11. I was a total metal head (literally)
14. Favorite Social Network? Twitter (Follow me: @Dainty_Mom)
15. Where’d your husband propose to you? Here’s a funny story: He planned to proposed to me during dinner at one of the French restaurants in town, knowing I like French food. He chickened out there, and ended up proposing to me outside Zara in the mall. I think it’s an AWESOME engagement story. #romanceisoverrated
16. Why is your blog called Dainty Mom? I’ve always liked dainty, refined and elegant things. Unfortunately, they are only adjectives I can aspire to. Haha. #livewithit
17. Do you speak any other languages? Despite growing up in Hong Kong, I can’t speak a stitch of Chinese; high school in Singapore — didn’t learn any Indian or Malay either; and I still struggle with Tagalog.
18. What’s your favorite pastime? I like to hit the spa and nail salon twice a month.
19. What magazines do you read? Faves: Real Living and Real Simple, and from time to time, Good Housekeeping and Parenting.
20. Name one of your useless skills. I can identify most musical artists and actors just by the sound of their voice.
21. Do you drive? No; applied for a student’s permit and never got behind the steering wheel. #chicken
22. What are your top five TV shows at home this fall ’11 season? New Girl (still have to watch downloads), Hawaii Five-O, Nikita, Glee (might drop it, though, finding it lame), Modern Family.
23. Can you dance? No. Tried, and failed.
24. What’s your favorite place in the world? Home. Seriously, I love being at home.
25. If you could have a super power, what would it be? To be able to heal any of my family members when they’re ill.
OK, that’s some random stuff about me. Inspired by my friend Manila Mommy, I’m gonna ask you to do two things in the comments: 1) Answer one of my 25 questions with an answer about you, and 2) ask me another random question, which I’ll answer. Ready? Go!