One of my favorite things about working from home is being able to get mani-pedis whenever I want to at home. When I don’t feel like leaving the house to go to the nail salon, I have a few go-to home service providers that can be over at my place in a jiffy for some much needed nail therapy.
I’m always on the lookout for new home service providers. One afternoon, I learned through the Twitter grapevine about I Do Nails, a nail spa home service. I was excited to try it out, so I texted to schedule an appointment. Everything was done via text, which made it easy to book. The owner of the home service, Monica, personally attended to my inquiries, and scheduled for me to have one of their packages.
I may be cutting to the chase early, but I found the I Do Nails (IDN) service professional and very satisfactory. Just look at how happy my feet are:
I Do Nails was actually a requirement for owner Monica to pass and graduate the Entrepreneurial Management Program of the University of Asia and the Pacific. As a professed nail-a-holic, she came up with the idea of bringing mani-pedi pampering to people’s homes. Through time, IDN became known for their quality services, their use of earth-friendly, cruelty-free nail products, and the cleanliness and orderliness of their home service setup. It’s been featured in the press many times, and has enjoyed positive reviews from other bloggers, too.
From a simple home service nail salon, I Do Nails has grown its services. It also offers “spa-rty” packages for bridal showers, pre-prom gatherings, corporate events, even kiddie events.
Check out their service menu:
I love how professional and creative the service menu is. A lot of home nail services will simply hand you a flyer with a generic listing of their services and prices; as a writer, I appreciate that IDN’s service menu is detailed and, well, fun to read! There are so many choices, too. As for me, I thoroughly enjoyed my Soothing Mind Package, which is a combination of the Ooh la la Footspa and the signature I Do Nails manicure (a great value, if you ask me!).
Here are a few clips from my I Do Nails experience:
What I loved:
- Price: Very competitive; do check out their service menu! Compared to the price of a mall-based nail spa footspa-pedi, you can get three services from I Do Nails (such as a mani-pedi-footspa) for 25% off what you’d pay at the mall. And you don’t even have to spend for gas to get out of the house! Better value for your nails = savings, savings, savings.
- Extensive nail lacquer selection: They have a wide selection of lacquers, ranging from mid-range brands such as OPI and Orly to high-end labels like Chanel. Of course, you’ll be charged extra for premium polishes like this, so be prepared to shell out an extra Php100.00 for Chanel, Dior and other designer-label lacquers.
- Decorum and appearance of the home service staff: Each technician from IDN dons a pretty apron and face mask when they’re at work–just like a real nail spa. I think this is extremely important. They’re also very clean and organized as they work.
- Precision of the technicians: I’ve tried other home service nail services that have left my nails or hands nipped; with IDN, I had no such problems. The technicians listened to me when I said I just wanted my cuticles pushed not trimmed; they also followed my specifications for how to trim my nails. Albeit my nails taking longer than usual to dry (because I had two coats and the weather was particularly humid that day), I was pleased with my mani-pedi combo.
- Cleanliness: Everything is sterilized. Some home service nail care providers keep their tools in anything from zippered pouches to plastic zip bags; I Do Nails’ tools are sealed in sterilized packets, particularly the cuticle pushers, which is a very OC element for me since the cuticles are so close to the nail bed.
Service times: Mon-Sun, 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tel: 5029099 or text 09175315365