The secret of my work-at-home success? My husband.

I am not the work-at-home veteran in our home. My husband is. In fact, my husband has been working from home longer than I have, and he has taught me so many lessons about balancing the work-at-home lifestyle. I’m very grateful to him for doing so, because I see just how great a guy he is!

My husband is not an “out there” type of guy. He’s not loud, but he has an endearingly annoying sense of humor. (“Endearingly annoying” is my definition of “corny.” **smiles**) He supports the fact that I work from home, and was actually the one who inspired me to make the leap from office to home office a few years ago, when I quit my last job.

But you know what? It’s not systems and productivity aids that help keep me afloat as I work. Really, it’s my husband who is the secret weapon behind my work-at-home success.

A lot my work these days involves meeting with clients, which sometimes takes me out of the house. During client meetings and blogging engagements, my hubby is always there by my side. He is my driver, my bodyguard, my tireless companion, my sounding board, my supporter. He’ll wait for me while I’m in a client meeting, and make sure I get from one appointment to the next. Even if I tell him that I’ll be OK taking public transport, he insists on taking me around town, when I need to.

I’m very thankful for my hubby. I feel so blessed that he supports my work-at-home endeavor, even if it entails going out on meetings across town some of the time. When I’m at home and he sees that I’m uptight because of work, he gently reminds me to take things slow, relax with him and our son, and get my mind off things for just a while. He keeps me steady, in touch with reality, and makes me want to be a better mom and wife every single day. It doesn’t take much from him: a hug, a cuddle, a tickle. But these little acts of kindness are the fuel that keep me going as a work-at-home mom and wife. And I’m super grateful that I’m a recipient of this type of support and love.

Honey, I love you. Thank you for being so awesome.

What makes your hubby swell? Do share!

Comments

How lucky you are to work at home and have such a supportive husband. And your son benefits too — both of his parents are raising him instead of a daycare center ;-)
    Hannah P.S.
    Join the fun, submit a cute photo or funny photo to my website contest. Then encourage your friends to vote and watch the results to see how many viewers vote for your photo. NO entry fee. $2,000 of prizes annually. http://www.FunnyPhotosContest.com.

I love your blog about your husband and am happy to share what makes my husband swell. He once told my obstetrician that all work is worth doing when asked if he would be helping with diapers. It was the 70′s and not all men did help. It sounds as if your husband also believes all work is worth doing when he takes you to your appointments.
    Sheila recently posted..A little bit of knowledgeMy Profile

This is a beautiful tribute to your husband. You are blessed.

I am grateful that my husband has always felt that providing for our family was his job and supported my desire to be a stay-at-home mom, even when that meant we scrimped.
    misssrobin recently posted..Feedback on Your BlogMy Profile

4. Another Jennifer says

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband. It makes life so much easier when you have a supportive spouse. I work from home too. My husband keeps me sane!

Happy SITS Day!
    Another Jennifer recently posted..Yes, you can.My Profile

My husband works from home as an IT consultant and fully supports me and my photography business. He also comes to meetings and photo shoots with me. Even when he doesn’t fully understand the photography world, he still dives right in and helps in any way he can. He is my best friend, business partner and love of my life. I don’t know what I would do without him!
    Thank you so much for this post and a reminder to never take my supportive husband for granted.
    Happy SITS Day!
    Jennifer recently posted..Brock & Carolyn {Virginia Beach Maternity Portraits}My Profile

Hi Martine, it’s a blessing when your husband & family is very supportive of your endeavors. I’ve been working at home a little over a year and my husband is very supportive, his personality is over the top, but he knows what it feels like to have a dream. I love your blog, the colors are very calming. Visiting on your SITS Day. I will add you to my feed.
    Whitney recently posted..Comment on Let The Packing Begin by WhitneyMy Profile

Stopping by from SITS. What a wonderful husband post! I’m so glad that you have support at home, it’s so important. It will also be a great gift to your son as he grows to see a nuturing marriage.
    Colleeng recently posted..RIP – Andy GriffithMy Profile

Hi Martine! Loved your post – a great support system is everything! How sweet that your hubby helps you so! I am so thankful for my hubby too – he works so hard for our family. It is nice to meet you – happy SITS Day!
    Raquel recently posted..Color coding your keysMy Profile

Hi, Christine! Yes, on some days, he insists on bringing me to meetings while he works from a coffee shop or wherever. We’re like a silly teenage couple, aren’t we? Haha. Thanks for being here! Enjoying this SITS day… :)

What a nice post! I never really know if I have thanked my husband enough. We run a family business together, and I work at the office, work at home sometimes, blog, AND homeschool. He is here to pick up baby girl from ballet so that I can get some time with the girls to work out, and he even helps me with some posts by acting as my camera man and editor! Mom Blogger hubbies are amazing – aren’t they?

Eva recently posted..Opening Today: Disney’s John Carter #movie #reviewMy Profile

10. daffodil says

Such a sweet post. I visit your blog every so often. It’s very pleasing to the eyes and the insights are very real and helpful. I feel light and a little kinder after my visit here. Keep it up!

Wow! It’s really great to have a husband who supports you in everything. I am a newbie WAHM, just like your husband, hubby is also supportive, I hope to be successful just like you…
    bev recently posted..Baby Z Loves MusicMy Profile

Awwww, so sweet!!!! Am still tied to an office job simply because I chose it and my husband, like yours, supports me all the way. Guess we’re lucky to have found our priceless gems :)
    Gaylee recently posted..FriendshipsMy Profile

13. Browneyedgirl says

I wouldn’t have been able to become a stay at home mom without my generous and understanding husband =) He saw how stressed I always was with my old job and when I told him I wanted to be a mom full time, he agreed right away, no objections =) I’m just so thankful that he continues to generously provide for all our needs (and wants too, tee hee!).

Oooh, I love this post! Your husband sounds so sweet. I’m incredibly thankful to my husband as well, who’s supported me all the way when I quit work and decided to work at home. Without his love and support, I probably wouldn’t be where I am right now.
    Helene recently posted..5 things I love about being a WAHMMy Profile

Amen! Hahaha. My husband prefers to do the dishes to the cleaning up of the house, so we’re good with that arrangement, too. :)

Hi, Marts! I completely agree with this post. I can’t imagine doing what I do without my husband’s support either. Like your hubby, he’s also the one who drives me all over town for interviews and other meets. He also watches the kids, cooks (because, he claims, nobody can eat my cooking), and he even does the laundry (because, you know, “I’ve been typing all day” is my excuse, ha ha ha). He’s out today doing his own freelance work, the house feels empty despite three rambunctious kids, and I’m having oatmeal for lunch. I miss him :-(

Blessie Adlaon recently posted..How to Gain Fame and Fortune from Your BlogMy Profile

aaawww…. how sweet of your hubby… On my part my hubby is getting the hang of my “blogging”. I know deep inside he is proud of what I am doing as well…he sees that I am enjoying this, I am making “friends” thru blogging…
    Ma. Teresa Grech Q. Racal recently posted..TagaytayMy Profile

Hi Martine!

I am touched and inspired by how your husband is very patient in your line of work. Good for you and may God bless your marriage and family always.

Donna
    Donna recently posted..My other worldMy Profile

Trackbacks